Serving is a job of nonstop moving and standing. A server is always on their feet and they need a shoe that is durable and comfortable to stand up to the long hours, and rough environment. In this article,
What are The Best Shoes For Restaurant Servers?
I will look at what makes a good serving shoe along with reviewing the top 6 server shoes for both men and women.
Now Let’s Take A Look At Some Of The Best Non Slip Shoes For Servers Out There For Waiter & Waitress.
Skechers Slip Resistant Shoe
- Electrical hazard safe: This shoe not only protects from slipping but also any electrical charge that may occur while on the job. Any accidental contact with this can be protected for up to a minute with the special insulation.
- Stylish: Many non-slip shoes are very basic, and do not have a lot of design. This pair has decorative stitching on the leather body to give the shoe a more polished appearance. These shoes could pass as your everyday business casual shoe.
- Durable: This shoe is long-lasting, even in everyday wear. The bicycle toe helps to prevent holes or other wear from forming at the front of the shoe. The stitched leather also holds together with the sole of the shoe very well.
- Uncomfortable: This shoe is not meant for long day wear. The removable insole covers a very uneven surface that is hard on the foot after a few hours of wear.
- Stiff: The shoe itself is very stiff when you buy it. The leather does not have a lot of giving which can cause pinching on the foot. It also makes walking difficult when the foot does not bend freely.
Merrell Moc Arch Support Restaurant Shoes
- Odor-free: These shoes use microbes to keep the shoe from developing any unpleasant odor. This technology is also beneficial for keeping sweat and moisture from sitting on the foot.
- Slip-on: The slip-on design makes wearing the shoe easy. It can be put on or taken off very quickly if needed. This also takes away the need for tying shoes in the middle of a shift.
- Comfortable: The insole of the arch support shoe as well as the extra padding on the heel make the shoe very comfortable for long wear. Feet are cushioned and will not blister because of the cushion surrounding the heel.
- Runs small: This shoe runs at least one size smaller than average which can make for a tight fit. The ankle of the shoe is also tight. People with high arches or large ankles may find the shoe too tight around the ankle and top of the foot.
Skechers for Restaurant Shoe
- Highly slip resistant: This restaurant shoe has a higher than normal slip resistant rating. This is helpful to keep you sure-footed even when floors are wet or oily. The slip resistance is tested on Red Quarry tile found in many kitchens so it’s clear the shoes hold traction even when slippery
- Comfortable: This shoe has extra padding along with a memory foam insole to keep feet comfortable for long shifts. The padding holds feet in place while adding cushion and preventing blisters from forming.
- Slip-on: The slip-on style allows the shoes to be put on or removed easily. They will stay on the foot securely all day without the need for tying or tightening shoelaces.
- Runs small: This style runs about a size smaller than the average. Because of this and the slip-on style, the shoe can be tight on the foot if the proper size isn’t purchased. Slip-on shoes have no way to adjust the width as you would in a lace-up shoe.
- Heavy: The large rubber sole makes the shoe very heavy for its size. Especially after a long shift, these shoes will feel very heavy and make you prone to dragging your feet.
Crocs Women’s Mercy Kitchen Shoes
- Comfortable: The roomy design and foam-like material make the shoe very comfortable. It feels like you are wearing slippers while you work. The clog design also helps keep the feet cool in warmer weather.
- Easy to clean: This shoe can be easily wiped off and will look as good as new. The material will not stain and cleans easily.
- Odor-resistant: Because of the material, the shoes do not hold odor. Even after months of wear, the shoes will still smell the same.
- Heel slipping: The fact that these are clogs means there is no heel support whatsoever. Even with the strap, your feet will be slipping in and out of the shoe all day.
- Runs big: Even with the roomy design, the shoe runs about one size big. It also only comes in whole sizes so if you wear a half size you will have to size up or down accordingly.
Alegria Women’s Classic Clog
- Stylish: This server shoes has cut-out designs that make the shoe stand out. It could easily go from work to a dinner with friends. It just doesn’t look like a work shoe. It is much nicer to look at and gives the wearer a sense of style.
- Airy: The cutouts that give the clog its stylish look, also make for an airy feel. The foot is not closed off completely which can help with odor as well. The server can feel a breeze on their feet while working their shift.
- Wide Fit: The shoe has a wide fit that helps add comfort. Even after a long shift, with swollen feet, the shoe will still feel roomy and comfortable.
- Holes can cause injury: A server is around hot liquids often. One trip and hot coffee could go right through the hole, and onto the foot causing burns. This will make for an uncomfortable experience and will leave the foot burned and wet.
- Unsecure fit: The back of the shoe has no way to hold the heel in. This can cause the shoe to slip on and off. This can cause foot pain when trying to hold a shoe on for an entire shift.
Merrell Women’s Moc Slip Resistant Work Shoe
- Slip-on design: The slip on design makes the shoe easy to put on and remove. It can keep the shoe securely in place without having to worry about the laces being tight enough. It also eliminates the need to stop and tie your laces during a shift.
- Moisture-wicking: The arch support shoe has a mesh lining that keeps the foot fresh and dry even in warm conditions. The mesh helps to pull moisture away from the foot to keep the person wearing the shoe comfortable during long hours.
- Odor-resistant: Anyone who wears a pair of shoes for long hours knows they will start to smell if not treated properly. The treatment on these shoes keeps odors from forming and helps keep the shoes in good condition for longer.
- Tight fit: The shoe fits tight at the top of the shoe and ankle. This can get uncomfortable as the foot swells during a shift. This is not a good fit for people with wider feet or a large ankle.
- Runs small: This shoe runs about a size too small. This can cause discomfort if the person wearing the shoe buys the wrong size.
How To Find The Best Shoes For Servers
A server’s feet have a rough job. They are constantly walking on and standing without much of a break for hours on end.
It is vital to find a quality pair of shoes to stand up to the job. Depending on your foot, the shoe you need will be different, but all servers have some qualities in common.
On the Floor Grip
Most restaurants will require a non-slip shoe, but even if they don’t it is essential to find a pair with a slip-resistant sole. This style will keep its grip on the floor even if it is wet or greasy.
There are often spills in restaurants that cause the floor to be wet. Without a slip-resistant sole, you are one puddle away from spilling a tray of food all over the floor and yourself.
Comfort Matters When Serving
Comfort is key when you are going to be on your feet for long hours. Different shoes will be more comfortable to others depending on the size and shape of your foot, but certain factors can work for all feet.
A good insole is essential for hours of wear. Some shoes will come with a built-in memory foam insole. These shoes are great for long wear because the insole will form to your foot.
A moisture-wicking shoe is also good for keeping feet dry even if they become hot and sweaty during a shift. This technology is also good for keeping the shoe smelling fresh for longer.
Made to Last
A server is going to need a well-made shoe. They will need to stand up to long shifts, greasy floors, and other debris being spilled on them. Finding a shoe with a tough upper sole like leather or some other synthetic fiber will be good to withstand spills and long wear. It might also be a good idea to look into waterproof shoes in case of spills.
Serve with Style and Proper Fitting
The style and fit that works best for you will differ from another server, but it’s worth noting.
A stylish shoe can make you feel good at the moment, but it’s also important that the shoe meets other needs first. If the shoe looks good, but your feet are killing you after an hour, it’s not going to be worth it.
The same with the fit. You really should try on shoes first to see what style is best for your foot. Making sure the heel doesn’t slip and you have toe room is important to overall comfort.
The shoe should fit your foot, but it shouldn’t be too tight. Using these requirements can help you find the best shoe.
Best shoes for servers merrell moc its seems to meet the needs of servers the best. It has a high-grade slip resistant sole that will keep you on your feet in slippery situations.
They also have moisture-wicking technology to keep feet dry during long shifts. The fit seems to be the biggest disadvantage, which can be solved by buying the proper size.