5 Best Rubber Hunting Boots for Men’s & Women’s
Anyone who has gone hunting has probably found himself stepping in a puddle or a body of water and finding their feet instantly waterlogged.
Your average hunting boots are not going to hold up again water.This is where rubber hunting boots come in handy.
They are almost always going to be waterproof and keep your feet nice and dry, even while fishing, but you still have to find the right pair.
The Rubber Hunting Boots Journey
Finding the best rubber hunting boots can be a process.
It’s important to compare and find the best fit for what you are looking for. Everyone is different and will need a different set of features for their specific use.
In this article,
I will show you how to choose the best rubber boots for you, as well as a review of 5 of the most popular brands with my opinion on which pair won out.
How to Choose your Rubber Hunting Boots
Finding the right kind of rubber hunting boots can be tricky if you don’t know what you are looking for. It’s even harder when you are trying to find the perfect pair online. Here are a few tips to finding the perfect rubber hunting boots for your needs.
Multi-Purpose & Intended Use
As stated before, every pair is going to have different feature, and you need to know what feature you need.
The only way to know this is to know what you plan on using the boots for.
If you plan on hunting deer in a wooded area you are going to need different things than someone who is delivering mail in 4 feet of snow.
Figure out exactly why you need the boots, then you can decide what you need from your boots.
The amount of insulation you need depends on the weather you will be wearing your rubber hunting boots in.
The colder the temperature, the more insulation you will need.
If you are hunting in the frigid winters of Alaska, get all the insulation you can get, but you probably won’t need much if you are swamp fishing in Louisiana.
Some boots have removable layers of insulation which is nice for season changes, but remember this will also affect the fit of the boot.
Tread and Traction Matters
The tread of your boot will also depend on what you plan on doing in your boot. It’s important to think about the terrain you will be wearing the boots in.
If it’s a rough terrain with lots of bumps, rocks, or debris, a very textured tread will do the best to give you traction while protecting your feet and ankles. A smoother tread surface is good for the snow or if you are wearing your boots on a flat surface.
The height of the boots shaft is important based on what you plan to do. If you plan to spend a lot of times running or walking through water, you will probably want a knee-high boot. A strap may also be helpful if you go a little deeper than expected.
It’s important to remember, the higher the shaft, the heavier the boot. That being said, if you are going to be doing a lot of walking in your boots, a lower shaft might be better for your needs.
Additional Features to Consider
There are many features that the rubber hunting boots can come with. Some come with a drawstring cinch to help keep out snow or other materials.
Others have pull up handles to make putting the boot on easier. It’s important for you to sit down and think about what you need from you boot so you can find the best product for you.
Why Rubber Hunting Boots
Rubber hunting boots have many advantages over the traditional leather hunting boots.
First and foremost,
Traditional and synthetic leather boots are just not meant to be submerged in water. Even with a waterproofing spray, these boots are going to leak, and you will end up with wet feet.
Rubber hunting boots are made to get wet. You could even go stand in the lake while fishing, your feet will stay dry, as long as your rubber hunting boots are without holes.
Rubber boots are known for staying fresh even after long time use. Nobody is going to want to smell a pair of traditional leather boots.
No matter how many times you try to freshen those boots,
the stench is not going to leave them. Rubber boots don’t hold the smell the way leather does. Because it is not a porous material, the sweat can be wicked right away leaving them smelling fresh even after a year of hunting.
There is nothing worse than trying to hike through the woods in a pair of heavy, leather boots after a long day up in a tree stand.
Your feet already feel heavy enough, you don’t need boots to hold them down as well.
Rubber boots are naturally going to be lighter because they are made from a lighter material. Even after a long day, your feet won’t be dragging because your boots aren’t so heavy.
The Original MuckBoots Adult FieldBlazer Hunting Boot
The Original MuckBoots Adult FieldBlazer Hunting Boot is a 15 inch waterproof, unisex, rubber and fabric hunting boot with a Mossy Oak design.
They are proven to keep feet warm all the way down to -20 degrees for cold winters. They feature a slip resistant rubber sole for working in slippery areas.
The shank is flexible for comfort, but also reinforced to hold the boots shape. The abrasion resistant, and flexible nylon holds up in rough areas such as a forest.
The natural rubber sole is thick and can withstand walking on the rough terrain of a forest floor or shard-filled workshop.
● Reinforced achilles support panel and shank to hold shape.
● Waterproof nylon to keep feet dry.
● Unisex design.
● Slip-resistant sole.
● Insulated with flex-foam lining.
● Comfortable for long-term wear.
● Can be worn comfortably from -20 to 85 degrees.
● Self-cleaning outsole.
● Wrap up bumper to protect toes.
● Airmesh lining for breathability
● Thick rubber sole protects against any sharp objects.
● Insulation can cause feet and legs to get hot in warmer weather.
● 43 ounces feel heavy on the feet.
● Sizes run slightly large.
● Not available in wide width.
● Cause blisters without long socks
● Do not reach the knee.
● Natural Rubber wears quickly against asphalt.
Bog’s Men’s Classic High Camo Winter Snow Boot
The Bog’s Men’s Classic High Camo Winter Snow Boot is a men’s boot made of a waterproof outer rubber shell with an inner 4-way stretch bootie.
The thick rubber sole can withstand any terrain along with the self-cleaning outer shell.
The boot has a 1 inch heel with a 16 inch opening. The sole is non marking and nonslip to keep you from slipping on any ice or water you may face.
It’s is equipped with odor blocking technology so your boots won’t carry a stench after one long work day.
● Anti-odor insole.
● 100% waterproof in rain or snow.
● Keeps feet warm in temperatures as low as -40 degrees.
● Moisture-wicking insole to keep feet dry even when sweating.
● Non slip sole.
● Long lasting durability.
● Comfortable for all day wear.
● Available in wide width.
● No top cinch to keep weather or debris from entering top of the boot.
● Does not fit true to size.
● Very loud when walking.
● Do not properly insulate feet.
● Lack support and loose fitting in the ankle.
● Tread becomes slippery against metal.
● Very loose boot shaft.
● Fit snug on the top of foot.
● Loose on the heel.
Bog’s Men’s Bowman Waterproof Hunting Boot
Bog’s Men’s Bowman Waterproof Hunting Boots have a rubber and textile waterproof boot with a rubber sole.
The moisture-wicking lining also comes equipped with anti-odor technology.
The boots have a 14.5 inch shaft and weigh 2.4 pounds which will help with keep feet light even on the longest days.
The thick rubber shaft and sole can withstand most any tough terrain without puncture.
● Waterproof rubber to keep out rain, snow, or water.
● Flexible sole for easy walking.
● Thick rubber sole protects against rough terrain.
● Self-cleaning exterior.
● Comfortable fit, even after long hours.
● Fit as expected.
● Anti-odor technology to keep boots fresh.
● Lightweight for size of boot.
● Slip on for easy wear.
● Pull up handles make them easy to put on.
● Loose fitting shaft lacks support and makes it difficult to put pant legs over the boot.
● No cinch at the top to keep debris and water out of boot.
● Feel too warm after 60 degrees.
● Prone to leaking when submerged in water.
● Do not fit will on slender feet.
● Loose fitting ankles lack support.
● Neoprene at the top of the boot collects debris.
● Prone to splitting with extended wear.
● Loose heel causes blisters.
● Smell very strongly of rubber.
Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot
Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot are made completely of rubber which a nylon, drawstring cinch at the top to prevent debris from falling into the boot.
The boots pull on to allow the wearer to get them on and off quickly.
The boot shaft is 13.25 inches high with a 17.25 inch opening for the leg. The heel is 1.5 inches with a .5 inch platform.
This boot features a textured toe guard to better protect against wear on the boot. It is a lightweight boot with a removable felt liner. They can be worn in at -40 degrees while still keeping feet warm.
● Comfortable for walking long distances and extended wear.
● Very good traction in slippery areas.
● Insulation can be removed for warmer weather.
● Flexible fit for easy walking.
● Durable sole and shaft in rough terrain.
● Run at least two sizes too big.
● Very bulky for everyday use.
● Dull design.
● Lacks ankle support.
LaCrosse Men’s 18″ Burly Classic Hunting Boot
The Lacrosse Men’s 18” Burly Classic Hunting Boot is made of multiple layers of rubber for extra durability when dealing with rough areas.
It is tear and abrasion resistant. The boot is waterproof and scent proof, so your boots will still be fresh even on the hottest days.
The boot is insulated with wool and polymeric foam around the foot for cold temperatures.
This boot also features Ankle Lock to keep the heel from slipping during wear. They have a fiberglass shank support to hold shape and a removable foot-bed. The boots weigh 5.5 pounds per pair.
● Waterproof rubber keeps feet dry.
● High Shaft for added protection.
● No heel slipping with Ankle Lock technology.
● Do not hold odor.
● Multiple layers of rubber make the boot very durable.
● Comfortable even with extended wear.
● Slip on and off easily.
● Very good traction in slippery conditions.
● Thick sole lasts against rough surfaces.
● Little Insulation
● Very heavy for a pair of boots with little insulation.
● No drawstring cinch to keep out debris.
● Prone to cracking.
● Run slightly large.
● Shaft fits tight around the calf.
● Little ankle support.
● Strong rubber smell.
● Stiff sole makes it difficult to walk.
Conclusion: Our Top Pick
In my opinion, the Baffin Men’s Waterproof Hunter Boot takes the cake as the best rubber boot. It is a lightweight rubber boot that makes it easy to walk for long distances and wear over a long period of time.
It also has the drawstring cinch to keep all outside object where they belong. You can easily tuck your pants into the boot without having a super tight fit.
A layer of insulation can also be removed based on temperature. The only big issue was sizing, but as long as you are informed as a buyer, and know to buy a smaller than normal size, there are no major complaints.
The Baffin’s Men’s Waterproof Hunter Book could work in almost any situation where you would need to wear your boots.
Categorised in: Accessories